[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Compiling OS KIt Kernles

Lo and Behold, Mike Ashley said:

One handy thing is the ability to use GNU autoconf-created files in a
nearly trivial fashion with the oskit.  If you use the 'configure'
script to generate the Makefile, then simply set the value of AR and
CC in your environment, then run 'configure' with the right prefix,
build, host, and target values.  If you wanted to compile a program
called "program", located in "/path/to/program", and you'd installed
the oskit (gmake install) in /z/danderse/inst, then you'd use this
setup:

AR=i486-linux-ar RANLIB=i486-linux-ranlib \
CC='i486-linux-gcc -nostdinc -idirafter /z/danderse/inst/include -idirafter /z/d
anderse/inst/include/oskit/c -B/z/danderse/inst/ -L/z/danderse/inst/lib' \
/path/to/program/configure \
    --prefix=/z/danderse/inst --build=i586-freebsd

(This is what I use under FreeBSD, using the linux elf tools.
Obviously, tweak things to the way you like them).

  -Dave

--
work: danderse@cs.utah.edu                     me:  angio@pobox.com
      University of Utah                            http://www.angio.net/