[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

questions on fsread

Hello OSKit deveopers,

I am trying to build a secure bootstrap process using a smartcard in
the University of Michigan.  I found OSKit very impressive and could
be pretty useful for our project.  Thanks for your excellent work!!

So OSKit was compilied and installed fine.  Some example kernels,
hello, diskpart and diskpart2 worked great.  Now I am trying fsread,
but it dies when it tries to selects a partition.

/ is mounted on /dev/sda2.  So I went in fsread.c:
#if 1
# define DISK_NAME      "sda"           /* shaky */
# define PART_NAME      "2"
#else

It says "Couldn't find partition 2."

I also tried:
#if 1
# define DISK_NAME      "sd0"           /* shaky */
# define PART_NAME      "b"
#else

It says "fsread_ffs_open failed: Invalid argument (0x80070057)"

I compiled fsread with Linux-2.0.34 on Intel Pentium 133MHz.  SCSI
driver is Adaptech AHA-1542CP.
Here is the last part of output of fsread.  It seems to me that fsread
identified disks, but ...

Detected scsi disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
  Vendor: SEAGATE   Model: ST42100           Rev: 8224
Detected scsi disk sdb at scsi0, channel 0, id 3, lun 0
SCSI device sda: hdwr sector= 512 bytes. Sectors= 2069860 [1010 MB]
[1.0 GB]
Partition check:
 sda: sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4
SCSI device sdb: hdwr sector= 512 bytes. Sectors= 3711990 [1812 MB]
[1.8 GB]
 sdb: sdb4
EATA0: address 0x330 in use, skipping probe.
Ux4f0: address 0x330 in use, skipping probe.
Failed initialization of WD-7000 SCSI card!
>>>Opening the disk sd0
fsread_ffs_open failed: Invalid argument (0x80070057)
Backtrace: fp=1a7b60
 0015f3ca 001001a1 0015bba8
_exit(1) called; rebooting...

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thank you!

--
Concentration .. Naomaru Itoi