[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

problems with remote debugging

Hi,

I have problem with remote debugging. I just can't get it work.
I made some changes to toy-kernel tty.c:

I included gdb.h header file.

#include <oskit/x86/gdb.h>

and I added gdb_pc_com_init(1,0); and gdb_breakpoint(); lines to source
code.

oskit_dev_init();
oskit_freebsd_init_sc();
oskit_dump_drivers();

printf("Probing devices...\n");
oskit_dev_probe();
oskit_dump_devices();

gdb_pc_com_init(1,0);
gdb_breakpoint();

Compiled it with -g switch. After that I copy tty file to floppy and boot
it.

In remote machine I give command in gdb:
target remote /dev/ttyS0

gdb answers:
Remote debugging using /dev/ttyS0

and after a few minutes

Couldn't establish connection to remote target

Serial line connection between two machines is working properly. My host
machine is sending something, I used minicom to check that out. I am using
Linux in remote machine and Grub bootloader in host machine.

thanx,

Pentti Peisa