[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Any stuff for a newbie?

You can find the complete OSkit documentation online in the same directory
from which you downloaded the oskit (or you can build your very own copy
if you configure the oskit with --enable-doc).

The best place to check may be the mailing list archives.  They're online
- woohoo! - at:

  ftp://flux.cs.utah.edu/flux/oskit/mail/html/index.html

There've been a few responses to the "how do I build an oskit kernel"
question which you may find useful in there.  The short answer, however,
is once you've 'make' and 'make install''d your oskit tree, it'll install
a bin directory.  In this bin directory will be a shell script which does
gcc-like things.  Use this script as your compiler, and compile whatever
kernel type program you wish with it.  Then check out the section on
booting your kernels for more information.

(If you look at the "hello.c" example kernel, you'll see some of the
necessary initialization steps that your kernel will need to perform.)

Enjoy!  Let us know if you have any more problems or questions.

   -Dave

--
work: danderse@cs.utah.edu                     me:  angio@pobox.com
      University of Utah CS Department         http://www.angio.net/