[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: xwindow in oskit

[Just so everyone knows what we've been up to (and can correct me if
I'm wrong).]

Hi [again] Ramon,

The blkio wrapper code I mentioned last night is in:

  http://www2.cs.utah.edu/~reid/berlin19990817b.tgz

This does ever so slightly more than the istream wrapper code in that
it converts the byte offsets and sizes expected by blkio (why is it
specified that way???) into block offsets and sizes.
[As before, the code is untested - but it's simple enough that it's
"obviously right" :-)]

Once you have a working blkio implementation for floppies, you can use it
to mount a filesystem using code like this:

  main()
  {
    oskit_filesystem_t *fs;
    oskit_blkio_t *b = floppy_disk_init();
    fs_linux_init();
    fs_linux_mount(b,flags,&fs);
    ls(fs);
  }

[working code with error checking, etc is in oskit/examples/x86/linux_fs_com.c
The example is kinda long - the price you pay for being thorough.]

I'm hoping that it will be obvious enough how you use the osenv
interfaces to implement the driver.  eg You realise you need an
interrupt or you need to allocate a range of IO addresses or whatever,
you look it up in the index and it's tolerably obvious what you have
to do.  [Of course, this isn't how it'll happen -the documentation is
pretty atrocious in some places- so please prod me for clarifications,
examples, etc.]

Alastair

Follow-Ups: References: