[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Porting a linux video (tv card) driver to OSKit

I've been using the OSkit for a while and have found it extremely useful.
I use it for real-time experiments, using the OSKit C library, networking
and my own real-time scheduler.

I'm wondering now how hard it would be to port the Linux bttv video grabber
driver. I must admit I'm a bit overwhelmed just trying to see how much
needs to be done. Somehow I have to compare what the OSKit linux driver
encapsulation provides, with what the new driver expects.

Does anybody have an immediate feel for how much work is involved in
porting this driver?

Thanks,
Ian Braithwaite