[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: com and gcc question

That's exactly what I did and how I came to the "not compatible"
conclusion.  The Microsoft COM spec points to the ability to simply
create classes with C++ with a small foot note regarding Microsoft
Object Model.  Specifically, the vtable in gcc seems to consist of two
words followed by a dword that is the address of the function (if memory
serves correctly).  It would appear that Microsoft bullied the win32
compiler companies to follow their vtable layout if they didn't want to
be left out of OLE code development.

I've been working on this today and have a half answer -- one for C and
another for C++.  Hopefully, I'll have it merged sometime tomorrow.  The
solution is definitely not simple.

Pat