[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Overriding stuff from OSKit libs, some random remarks, and patches

Hi Michael. Thanks for your message. To address a few of your points:

> When building the OSKit by doing a "make" in the top-level directory,
> the make process sometimes aborts with a terse message similar to
> "make: Aborted".  Just restarting "make" finishes the build process.
> Any idea what's causing this?

I have not heard of any other similar reports of this problem. Perhaps
others on the oskit-list can help.

> I found that examples/x86/linux_fs_com.c only works if I add a call to
> start_clock() near the beginning.  Otherwise some call to
> gettimeofday() fails.  I haven't tried this program without my L4
> adaption, but I guess it has the same problem when running standalone.

This was fixed in the next snapshot by doing just what you did.

> Finally, I've appended a few simple patches:

We will take a look and get them added to our source tree as soon as we
can. Thanks very much!

Lbs

Leigh B. Stoller                     Computer Science - Flux Research Group
stoller@cs.utah.edu                  University of Utah
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~stoller      Salt Lake City, Utah 84112
Voice: (541) 758-6252                FAX: (801) 585-3743

<