[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [Fwd: Overriding stuff from OSKit libs, some random remarks, and patches]

Leigh Stoller wrote:
> Ideally, routines that are independantly replacable are in separate
> files, and ones that are not are in the same file.

Isn't there some broken logic here ?  If two routines depend
on the behavior of each other, then it would probably be better
to abstract the common code into a *local* function and have
both functions call that local function.  That way, they have
become essentially independant, and if you want to replace a
function it forces you to also replace the dependant code.

Of course, that would mean rewriting the OSKit :).

> In other (Leigh's) words, the potential for introducing hard to track bugs
> is increased for everyone else, and its probably better if people who need
> this behaviour add it themselves.

Making it an option can never do any harm.  So I guess this
way everybody should be happy.

Ramon