[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: FYI: vmware + oskit

> > I was just playing around with booting oskit kernels under
> > VMWare, and they seem to work fine.
>
> Cool; very neat!  Looks like both sides must have done a good job.
>
> Yes, VMware is supposed to be very handy.  I didn't know until now
> that it worked for general experimental OS code, though,
> but it makes sense that it does.  Are you running the
> base-Linux or base-NT version?

I'm using VMware for NT under Windows 2000b3 at the moment to do my kernel
debugging; it's a definite time-saver when the inevitable kernel-crashes
come along...

Now, if only someone had come up with a way to compile oskit kernels under
NT (anyone? unlikely, I suppose, but never hurts to ask...), there wouldn't
be any awkward pauses at all.

Alistair

Follow-Ups: References: