[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

No luck with Kaffe

oskit-users,

after a painful build experience ("./configure --target=i386-oskit; make"?
No way!)  and with a lot of help from some nice guys at Utah, I
managed to build and link Kaffe with the OSKit now, but I cannot get
it to run.

First, I got the message:

  CLASSPATH = /home/hohmuth/tmp/tmp:/home/hohmuth/local/share/kaffe/Klasses.jar
  Failed to locate native library "libnative" in path:
          /lib
  Aborting.

I found I needed to add -DNO_SHARED_LIBRARIES to the CPPFLAGS because
otherwise kaffe/kaffevm/slib.h would try to use dynamic linking
functions from <dlfcn.h>; the `configure' flags <dlfcn.h>'s presence
(it's in the FreeBSD Libc headers coming with the OSKit), and slib.h
uses it even though I configured with "--with-staticlib".

When I boot my -DNO_SHARED_LIBRARIES'd Kaffe, I get:

  CLASSPATH = /home/hohmuth/tmp/tmp:/home/hohmuth/local/share/kaffe/Klasses.jar
  Internal error.
  Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
  Exception thrown was of type `java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError'
  Message was `Failed to locate native function:  java/lang/Throwable.fillInStack'
  _exit(1) called; rebooting...

:-(

Michael
--