[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: User context-switching!

> Cool, if you're volunteering:)
>
> If no-ones done this already, then by all means implement a new library.
> There must be quite a few libraries about that implement this already, and
> as the code is user level, it should not be hard to port to oskit.
>
> Some of the user libs provide a pthreads interface.

Or, you could start with the pthreads library that already exists in the
OSKit. See Chapter 19 (POSIX Threads: liboskit_threads.a) in the
documentation.

However, I kinda get the feeling that the requestor was asking a different
question. The OSKit is intended to provide building blocks (components and
libraries) that can be used to implement more complex systems. Providing
user mode context switching presupposes an actual user mode context, which
the oskit does not provide in and of itself. Then again, maybe I missed the
intent of the question.

Lbs

Leigh B. Stoller                     Computer Science - Flux Research Group
stoller@cs.utah.edu                  University of Utah
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~stoller      Salt Lake City, Utah 84112
Voice: (541) 758-6252                FAX: (801) 585-3743