[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Kaffe/OSKit's Filesystem

oskit-users,

    I'm trying on the minishell example. The Kaffe/OSKit just setup the
bmod filesystem if no "root=device" argument is provided in the command
line. Now, I want to use the filesystem in Linux (RedHat 6.0), so that
new files created by the "Java OS" can persist. Before I try to modify
the code in oskit/startup/start_world.c, I just added some printf()
statements in it. However, after I have recompiled and reinstalled the
OSKit and Kaffe. The new Kaffe/OSKit image doesn't show any change, i.e.
those statements in printf() do not show up.

    I use GRUB to boot the Kaffe/OSKit image, the command line that i've
tried (both resulted as using the memfs only):
        kernel=(hd0,2)/boot/Image CWD=/root/minishell -- minishell.Shell

or
        kernel=(hd0,2)/boot/Image root=/dev/hda3 CWD=/root/minishell --
minishell.Shell

    May I ask what should I do if I want to use the filesystem in Linux
together with the "Java OS"?? (add "root=/dev/hda3" in the command line
seems doesn't work since the code in oskit/startup/start_world.c resolve
it to disk="hda" and part="s3" but not "c"). Also, what's the sequence
of files/functions called to boot the Kaffe/OSKit. e.g. (start from
main.c in oskit/boot, then boot_start.c, and
then.......oskit/startup/start_world.c??).

    Thanks again for the help.

Best Regards,
Keith Yong