[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Kaffe/OSKit's Filesystem

> > Before I try to modify the code in oskit/startup/start_world.c, I
> > just added some printf() statements in it.
>
> Look into kaffe/config/i386/oskit/md.c.  Its a "copy" of start_world,
> customized for Kaffe.  (If I remember correctly).  You'll want to add
> calls to the various start_* functions in there.  Use start_world() as
> a template.

I think the right approach is to look at examples/x86/linux_fs_com.c and
examples/x86/netbsd_fs_com.c. You will notice that the relevant differences
are fs_netbsd_init vs. fs_linux_init and fs_netbsd_mount vs. fs_linux_mount.
Otherwise, these two programs operate pretty much the same.

Now, if you look at startup/start_fs.c, you will notice that our default FS
startup code uses the netbsd filesystem code, since thats what we mostly
have around here in our offices.

It should be an easy task to cons up a startup/start_linux_fs.c using the
fs_linux routines instead, and then call that from md.c. If you do that,
and send it to us, we will be happy to include it in the next release. :-)

Lbs

Leigh B. Stoller                     Computer Science - Flux Research Group
stoller@cs.utah.edu                  University of Utah
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~stoller      Salt Lake City, Utah 84112
Voice: (541) 758-6252                FAX: (801) 585-3743