[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: UDP/IP Problem

> The idea behind using setsockopt to adjust the time before an
> EWOULDBLOCK is generated was so that the thread executing the code
> would only block for a specific amount of time (I'm using the BSD
> style, involving integer-based socket descriptors).

I'm a little confused about what your code is doing.
Is the relevant code short enough that you can send us it?

> Not knowing much about how that particular area of the oskit works
> (I'm using the original 0.97), do you know if is_softnetpending
> supposed to be cleared if it returns an EWOULDBLOCK?

Sadly, I don't know the socket-related code very well myself.  In
particular, I've no idea if users of client can accidentally find
themselves running in the bottom-half.  That (and you calling a
blocking function) would be the most obvious way for that assertion to
fail.

Hopefully someone who really knows this code can answer it properly in
the morning.

Goodnight,

Alastair