[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

tasks and such

Hi all,

I just saw this task discussion in the oskit mailing list and thought I
could give some thoughts on this. Last time I was fiddling with the oskit, I
was trying to do some multitasking as well and it worked, as long as I put
the stack at the end of the data segment, growing downwards. No matter what
I tried to do, putting the stack in its own segment made the computer reboot
when it tried to switch to another task. I don't know why, though I tried
lots of workarounds. Then I wrote a loader and some protected mode asm code
(x86) to try this bare hand and it worked, plain multitasking and switching.
If anyone is interested, I will try to find the code and send it to him so
that he may fiddle with it.

Sincerely,

Valentin Ivanov