[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Compiling rtld support -- bug?

> They look like ordinary warnings, but trunc_page and round_page are
> macros that just happen not to be defined in any of the #included
> header files.  (Well, freebsd/3.x/src/sys/sys/param.h includes
> freebsd/libc/objinclude/machine/param.h which defines the needed
> macros only if OSKIT is *not* defined.)
>
> I guess nobody else is using the rtld support.  What is the proper way
> to fix this?

Captain rtld (that's you Leigh) doesn't seem to be around today so I
could guess you're meant to add

  #include <oskit/page.h>

to the offending file.  But that's just an untested guess.

Not sure why this problem didn't show up in our tests - perhaps you're
using different functions from our tests so different code is live?
Or maybe it's code drift and our nightly test suite doesn't test rtld?
(Chasing after the cause of the warnings would have caught it but we
don't try to "fix" the code that we #included from Linux/bsd/etc so
we end up ignoring most of the warnings.)

Alastair