[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

memory leak in net_receive

We have noticed that, when networking code is running, available memory (managed by malloc_lmm) monotonically decreases. Looking at code in freebsd/net/net_receive.c (OSKit version 990722), we have found that the problem is caused by IEEE 802.3 frames. These frames are discarded. However,  the corresponding sk_buff (encapsulated in a bufio object) is addref()erenced, but not release()d.
We do not have version 20000202 runnig. However, looking at the code, we think that the bug has not been removed.