[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Bug with the fsnamespace cache ???

> From: Simon Nieuviarts <snieuvia@ensisun.imag.fr>
> Subject: Bug with the fsnamespace cache ???
>
> The fsnamepsace implementation in OSKit uses a cache to speed up lookups
> for files with hash tables. In the cache implementation we can read that
> an unlink on a file must be notified to the cache to purge the cache entry.

I forget what version of the oskit are you running, cause the current impl
uses a COM wrapper around oskit_dir_t, implemented by the fsnamespace
cache. The posix unlink chains to this. This is in
oskit/fsnamespace/src/dir_wrapper.c.

static OSKIT_COMDECL
dir_unlink(oskit_dir_t *d, const char *name)
{
	struct gdir	*dir = (struct gdir *) d;
	oskit_error_t	err;

	if (!dir || !dir->count)
		return OSKIT_E_INVALIDARG;

	FSCACHE_LOCK(dir->fsnimpl);

	err = NOWRAPPERCALL(dir, diri, dir, unlink, name);
	if (!err)
		fsn_cache_remove(dir->fsnimpl, dir->w_diri, name);

	FSCACHE_UNLOCK(dir->fsnimpl);

	return err;
}

If you do have this version of the code, then something is indeed wrong.
Perhaps a reference count error.

Ack if you get this message. Your site is still blocks all @home.com email.

Lbs

Leigh B. Stoller                     Computer Science - Flux Research Group
stoller@cs.utah.edu                  University of Utah
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~stoller      Salt Lake City, Utah 84112
Voice: (541) 929-2666                FAX: (801) 585-3743