[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: OSKit lib dependancies

> From: Yves Martin <ymartin@ensisun.imag.fr>
> Subject: OSKit lib dependancies
>
> Where could I find a description of OSKit libs dependancies ?

Well, the inter-dependancies are hard to describe in any complex system!
Your best bet is to look at the examples in oskit/examples/x86 and its
subdirs. There are GNUmakerules there to look at. Also look at the rules
for building linux_fs_com in oskit/examples/x86/GNUmakerules.

> I have two problems :
> - linux_fs demand 'oskit_get_call_context' (from startup)

Look at linux_fs_com.c. The version of 'oskit_get_call_context' that is
defined in the startup lib is intended for use with start_fs(), which fires
up FreeBSD partitioned disks. You need to roll your own code for starting
up partitions using the linux fs code. linux_fs_com.c shows that, and there
is a stub 'oskit_get_call_context' in that file you can copy.

> - linux_fs  and  linux_dev both define
>        `OSKIT_LINUX_oskit_linux_osenv_init'

True, but the linker should pick just one of them since they define the
exact same set of symbols. Are you getting multiply defined symbol errors
from the linker? Perhaps a detailed output listing would help people to
help you.

Lbs

Leigh B. Stoller                     Computer Science - Flux Research Group
stoller@cs.utah.edu                  University of Utah
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~stoller      Salt Lake City, Utah 84112
Voice: (541) 929-2666                FAX: (801) 585-3743