[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ask for help

Hi,

> I am very interested in oskit and kaffe, so I downloaded
> oskit-990722 and kaffe-1.0.5...

I assume you got both of these off of the Flux web pages?

> Cannot find out many files of oskit-990722 such as
> <oskit/error.h>,when I configure kaffe for running on the oskit.

I guessing that Kaffe isn't looking in the right place for the OSKit
header files.

First, you must install the OSKit's header files and libraries.  (The
--prefix argument to ./configure controls that directory).  'make
install' in the OSKit will cause the required files to be installed.

Second, you have to tell Kaffe where the installed OSKit files are.
The --oskitdir= argument to oskit-configure does that.

Let me know if this doesn't help.

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann@cs.utah.edu
		     "Forty-Two." -- Deep Thought