[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Serial Console

>   I am experimenting with some language kernels and using a VGA console to
> see the output after booting using GRUB. I would like to shift to a serial
> console to enable reading of messages which just scroll away presently.
> What are the changes required to be made in the OSKit code to enable this?

Look at Chapter 1 of the docs and you will see one way to control this:
   1.6 Using the OSKit
            1.6.1 Example Kernels
            1.6.2 Booting Kernels
==>         1.6.3 Command line arguments

See 1.6.3 for the -h flag,
http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/oskit/doc/node15.html#SECTION02163000000000000000

It's possible that conventions for passing command line arguments
have changed since this part of the doc was updated,
and you can probably hard-wire the console too,
so genuine hackers may need to correct this msg.