[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: compatibility?!

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, [iso-8859-1] reynaldo valenzuela wrote:

> I would like to know if oskit 200009... is compatible
> with Red Hat Linux 7.0. I've heard at school that it
> doesn´t work quite well. That I should install 6.2.
> What do you guys think?

Not a comment on the OSKit itself, but RH 7.0 has many brokennesses in
compilers and other system tools.  I'd recommend a switch to either 6.2 (the
last RH that can be considered stable) or, preferably, a better
distribution.  I've heard Mandrake is easy to install, but I've never seen a
problem with installing Debian.

--
#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer