[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: oskit on cygwin

Hello,

I tried to build OSKit on cygwin as well some weeks ago, but had some
problems and didn't try to fix that, due to a lack of time. I can't remember
if I was able to run the configure step successfully with a linux cross
compiler. Perhaps I'll try again this week.

> The configure works, but the tests for an a.out linker and support for
> -format and -oformat binary fail.

That's a serious bug in ld, which exists now for at least a year. ld for the
PE targets crashes on cygwin. If you are going to debug ld and fix that
anoying core dumping, please keep me informed. Maybe you can download
a recent snapshot of the binutils package and then try again, but the last one
I tried was from end of february and that was still buggy.

> Or even just a blanket "it can't be done for these reasons" would be nice, in
case I'm banging my head against a brick wall with this.

I'm afraid there is no such reason, only bugs and non-implemented configure
tests.

Regards Ingo