[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: real/protected mode switching code

> From: Wouter Coene <wouter@kern.nl>
> Subject: real/protected mode switching code
> Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 14:53:47 +0200
>
> >From the OSKit manual
> http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/oskit/html/oskit-wwwch15.html#x24-153100015.10:
>
> 	The full mode switching code is written and functional but not yet
> 	documented or integrated into the OSKit source tree

Well, this comment is slightly out of date. It is (mostly) written,
(mostly) functional, and (mostly) integrated. Just not documented.

See the latest oskit snapshot at:

	http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/oskit/software.html

If you look at boot/pxe/main.c you will see some example usage. Search for
pxe_invoke and biosread. The PXE boot program is a recent addition to the
oskit, and is known to work (we use it on dozens of machines), so its a
good example to look at.

Lbs

Leigh B. Stoller
University of Utah - Flux Research Group
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~stoller