[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Converting Masm or VC++ asm objs to use in linuz

> Converting Masm or VC++ asm objs to use in linuz
> how do we do it?

The GNU project's objcopy (in binutils) might support this if built
with support for ELF and PXE turned on.  If objcopy can't do it,
you're probably in trouble.

But maybe you can get away with dynamic loading of the binary?  If so,
get hold of an open source dynamic linker for PXE.  (I know of at
least one but it may well be specialized for the particular purpose it
is used for.)

Of course, the best bet is just to assemble it on unix.  I imagine a
day or two with a perl script would fix most of the syntactic
differences.  (Such tools may already exist.)

--
Alastair Reid        reid@cs.utah.edu        http://www.cs.utah.edu/~reid/