[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Oskit Memory Manager

> From: "Mark McDow" <markm@mcsi.net>
> Subject: Oskit Memory Manager
> Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 20:54:37 -0700
>
> Maybe I'm wrong about this, but having played with the oskit memory
> manager for a while now it seems to have no support for allocated
> memory. i.e I can allocate free memory blocks all day long but there is
> no way to mark one as used and move it to another list.
>
> Right???

Uh, yes. The oskit memory manager is a primitive manager, intended to keep
track of free memory, and hand it out as requested. Once handed out, it
loses interest in it until the memory is given back.

More sophisticated managers can be built on top of course. For example see
the SVM directory.

Lbs

Leigh B. Stoller
University of Utah - Flux Research Group
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~stoller