[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Socket buffers

> From: Ravi Chamarty <ravi@ittc.ukans.edu>
> Subject: Socket buffers
> Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 20:48:21 -0500 (CDT)
>
>  Is there any way to increase the socket buffer memory provided in OSKit ?
> I am talking of doing something similar to that provided in Linux ie. the
> sysctl system call. I would like to increase the parameters
> similar to the 'net.core.rmem_max' parameter provided in Linux.

Are you talking about the BSD style call:

     #include <sys/types.h>
     #include <sys/socket.h>

     int
     setsockopt(int s, int level, int optname, const void *optval,
             socklen_t optlen)

     SO_SNDBUF          set buffer size for output
     SO_RCVBUF          set buffer size for input

If you are compiling against the freeBSD C library and headers, then you
can just issue this call. Look at examples/x86/threads/http_proxy.c for
example usage.

If you are using the COM object interfaces directly, then the answer is
still yes. See this:

  http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/oskit/html/oskit-wwwch10.html#x18-77800010.2

and scroll down to the oskit_socket_setsockopt() function.

Goes without saying that the FreeBSD C library is easier to deal with, and
the documentation better since you can just use the vanilla FreeBSD man
pages at freebsd.org!

Lbs

Leigh B. Stoller
University of Utah - Flux Research Group
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~stoller