[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: GRUB and lilo, and oskit

> the resulting OSkit kernel be booted via grub? I grok that it
Definately yes - that's what I use, which saves the effort of using the
oskit's mklinux* stuff.

> system to build the thing. Now the other question, is, has anyone
> built OSkit under Slackware, and using the tools found inside the
> distribution labeled as version 7.1 or the intermediate one called
Yes - OSkit definately works properly with slackware 7.1. I've found it to
be more successful at compiling oskit than Red Hat 7+ personally (had some
problems getting profiling to work under red hat). My interpretation of
"the tools found" is the compiler, preprocessors and linkers that come
with slackware 7.1.

"There are different kinds of people in the Computer Industry; there are
incredible minds that write code and figure out how to develop software.
And then there are the marketers." -- Tim Robbins "The Making of Antitrust"
| Voon-Li Chung	           | PhD Student, Inline-Hockey Player |
| vlchung@cs.uwa.edu.au    | http://www.cs.uwa.edu.au          |

Follow-Ups: References: