[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: GRUB and lilo, and oskit

Hello again from Gregg C Levine normally with Jedi Knight Computers
Actually, and to tell you, yourself, I do not know. To anyone else,
reading this, I can only say, I am not sure. I am attaching a script
output from attempting to build the snapshot from 2/14/2001, on a
machine nicknamed Obi-Wan, and wearing Slackware 7.1.0 with upgrades
from current for 1/20/2001. The same silly errors happen on this
machine, code named Doctor Who, and wearing much the same thing for
Slackware 7.1.0, that is with the same upgrades from current for that
date. And running their distribution, on a umsdos arrangement. I scanned
the readme message that sits on the folder for OSkit on the file server,
and I am wondering if that problem for 2.9.5 of gcc has been fixed. So
there you go, Voon-Li Chung, you wanted to know where I am having
problems, with either the configure script or with the makefile that is
constructed. It is what the time transport device from Star Trek said in
the episode, "City on the edge of forever". "I am both, and neither." I
am simply asking for help here, the problem is beyond me, and I need
help. I am also considering the applications of OSkit for a project for
the construction of a special operating system/boot loader. And I would
like that problem addressed, so that I can best apply the software to
that project, and its resultant, and equally interesting problems. Oh
and it will involve the use of GRUB, so that is included in the shape of
things.
-------------------
Gregg C Levine mailto:hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi
(This company dedicates this E-Mail to General Obi-Wan Kenobi (Perhaps
one of the most powerful of all of the Jedi Knights))
(This company dedicates this E-Mail to Master Yoda
(Perhaps the other one of the most powerful of all of the Jedi Knights))
And the favorite line by Anonymous "May the Force be with you."

Configure
> > script. Please send them to the list, as the account who runs Linux,
> > will be most interested in them.
> Not really much to say - just untar it, type ./configure, then type
make,
> and a long time later everything is ready to use. I use grub as my
primary
> boot loader, so I just enter in
kernel=(hd<diskNo>,<partitionNo>)/<path to
> kernel>, then type boot, and everything is fine.
>
> Which part of the configuring are you having problems with? The grub
> config or the oskit config?

oskit-20010214

Follow-Ups: References: