[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Using OSKit on Linux

> A student here is having some trouble getting OSKit kernels to link when
> running RedHat 7.1. The libraries build fine, but he has difficulty getting
> the examples to link and then running mklinuximage.
>
> I am absolutely certain that this is a FAQ, and that there is a documented
> answer for how to do this. I wonder if someone might be kind enough to send
> me the URL for this?

I'm not positive about this, but it may be that you need to use the
compat- libraries if you are linking in RH 7.1. The libraries all moved
around a little for RH7.

Try these from rpmfind.net:

	compat-glibc_6.2-3.1
	compat-egcs_6.2-2.1
	compat-libs_6.2-4
	compat-libstdc++_6.2-3.9

You'll have to setup LD_LIBRARY_PATH or adjust the linking commands.
Like I said, I'm not positive, but this may be worth a shot. I had to
use these libs to get Oracle to work right on systems with the newer
libs. Things would link fine, but the executables wouldn't work.

--Ian

ian@ianduggan.net
415-377-4426