[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Vmware 3.0 = no remote gdb?

Hey folks,
	I recently upgraded to VMware 3.0. I've been running my test
kernels in vmware and debugging them using the virtual serial connection
to gdb running on a terminal on the host machine. However, after upgrading
to VMware 3.0, when I continue after a breakpoint, I get strange SIGINTs
from the kernel in gdb. I continue from them but they just keep coming.
There's no breakpoint there. If I have a breakpoint right after enabling
gdb serial support, the interrupt looks like this:

base_critical_leave () at ../kern/x86/base_critical.c:42
42      }

The interrupt looks different if I take out all gdb breakpoints, but it
just moves somewhere else (obviuosly there are no gdb_breakpoints()
anywhere). Has anyone encountered this by chance?

Thanks,
Steve Muckle