[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Two things up with the site, and with the product and a question

Hello from Gregg C Levine
Okay, here goes, two things up with the site, and a question remains to
be answered. First the two things: I downloaded the snapshot for March
17 of this year. I then gave this command "#tar -zxvf <filename>",
instead of extracting everything, it then ended abruptly, with a
complaint about unexpected end of file reached, this was when it reached
the portion of the file that contains the zlib product. However the
entire file was transferred, and the size the was same as what sat on
the ftp server. This is the second, or third time this has happened.
Probably the second. On a different note, same portion of subject, the
numbered version, 0.97 arrived completely, and extracted completely.
After changing the permissions on the two scripts in the flask
directory, it decided to compile successfully, so far. The only
complaints are for minor warnings with the headers that my distribution
supplied. This is indeed Slackware 7.1. Also has anyone examined the Red
Boot product from Red Hat? Could it be used to exec a kernel from the
OSkit product? The locations for Red Boot are buried in
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos it is an interesting thought, given the
particular methods that the company chose to have the loader activate
itself.
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi