[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: pingreply doesn't work

> now I'm trying to boot the kernel pingreply.but said it couldn't find
> the ethernet card,information is the fllowing :no Ethernet adaptors
> found!

> my card is rtl8139,os is redhat 7.2,can someone tell me why card
> couldn't be found.

Remember that by using the oskit kernels you are running your own
operating system, so running Red Hat 7.2 shouldn't matter (other than of
course, the version of compiler used).

The oskit last time I checked didn't include the rtl8139 drivers (so you
can't use a rtl8138 network card "out of the box"), but I have managed to
get the oskit to run with a rtl8138. If memory serves, copy the rtl8138.c
file from the an appropriate version of the linux kernel and place it in
linux/src/drivers/net/

Next, modify oskit/dev/linux_ethernet.h to include references to the new
driver, and that should be it.

Hope this gives you a head start.