[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Where to attach to random poo

I'm currently trying to figure out the best place for the linux block
devices to get a reference to the random pool in order to attach.
This is so that they can have a way to add to the random pool via
add_blkdev_randomness() .

Currently, when the device attaches to the random pool it gets back a
COM object that has calls to add randomness and get statistics.  This
is the way for the device to talk to the random pool after it's
attached.  So I need to store this COM object (I'm calling a 'random
pool channel' for now) so that add_blkdev_randomness can use it later.
Right now I'm calling attach from linux/dev/ide.c//probe_raw() .  And
storing the resulting object in a new member of 'blkdevs'
(linux/dev/block_glue.c).   Does that makes sense?

I came up with blkdevs because it's indexed by major device number and
add_blkdev_randomness gets the major device number as a parameter.

Thanks for any help!
Derek