[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

VMware 3.1 + Remote GDB

Hello,
While this question doesn't pertain directly to OSKit, I'd imagine
a lot of you run your kernels with VMware and debug them with GDB
remotely, so it's fairly relevant.

Has anyone upgraded to VMware 3.1 and tried to use remote gdb? They redid
the serial implementation and took out the old tty style support. I was
not able to get remote gdb working with any of the remaining serial port
types.

It's a pity VMware seems to be taking out some of the really cool
features. Another cool thing that's gone is that there is no longer a
utility to mount virtual disks into the host filesystem, due to their new
virtual disk file format.

cheers,
steve