[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: execute cause segmentation fault ?!

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 12:23:47AM +0800, Neil Yu wrote:
>  --- Ognyan Kulev <ogi@fmi.uni-sofia.bg> ????????>
> Neil Yu wrote:
> > > compile the examples/hello.c into hello.o in
> > > normal,then link with libs, every things seen ok, but
> > All examples are _kernels_ that must be loaded by a
> > multiboot-compliant boot loader, like Grub.  And I think
> > you should use OSKit's Makefile to compile the examples,
> > as programs must be turned to multiboot-compliant
> > kernels.  Look in examples/x86/GNUmakerules for the
> > exact commands.
>   you mentioned "programs must be turned to
> multiboot-compliant",but should i use the oskit C
> lib to replace the glibc on my computer?

Hi Neal!

The C library in the OSKit is only for the kernels you
build - not the environment you build them in. So keep
the glibc you have.

For complete instructions on how to build the example
kernels in the OSKit, please consult the fine manual:

http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/oskit/html/oskit-wwwch1.html#x4-100001.4

It shows what tools you need and what you need to modify
in the modules file to build the whole OSKit, or just the
parts that you are interested in.

Regards
 /Joachim

--
Joachim Nilsson  :: <joachim AT vmlinux DOT org>
+46-(0)21-123348 :: <http://joachim.vmlinux.org>