[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: booting kernels made with mklinuximage

I'm sure Im missing something here but if someone could point out what it
is I'd be much oblidged:

Im trying to get the 'hello' kernel to boot. Im running SuSe linux 5.2

Ive grabbed the 'working' linuxboot.bin binary from flux.cs.utah.edu
and used 'mklinuximage' to create a bootable kernel image 'zImage'.
Ive modifed my /etc/lilo.conf file so that I have the option of booting
that kernel, yet when I reboot and choose to boot this kernel the machine
hangs after

Ive also tried copying the image to floppy and booting that way but no
luck.

have I left out any completely obvious steps?

thanks

peter rickwood