we can't let Microsoft be the only ones who know what Assembly Language and
OS development really are!

I want to write my own for the following reasons:
#1: Do not want anyone being able to say I stole thier code
#2: I want to benchmark (My) OS whose main kernal and support programs and
libraries are written in PURE Assembly Language against a C\C++ counterpart
like Win98
#3: I want to write an OS that is not obscure for users. That is, I want an
operating system thats fast like linux, but easy to setup like win95/98(on a
good day).
#4: I want to try my hand at writing my own assembler, my own C compiler,
and eventually a C++ compiler.
#5: I want an operating system that utilizes Parallel processing to its
fullest potential....from the very core of the operating system...so even
the operating system can share workload across processors...and networked
machines.

Note: So Far I have a Decent Filesystem that is not FAT based, does not use
a BAM, and can read files quickly both forward and backwards

But that's just me :)
Jason Sage