[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: GPL Liscensing on New Release: What Gives?

> the reason I checked out oskit was so I could write an OS without worrying
> about this person and that...whose code ya got....
> ugh....I thought writing an OS with the kit would alieviate licensing
> problems.

You shouldn't have any problems if the code you use has clear and
consistent licensing terms.  If you use code from a single source and
use a similar license for your own code, you shouldn't need to worry
about anything.

I don't even know if my inference that the oskit licensing mishmash
makes only source distributions possible is valid (perhaps somebody
from Utah should provide further comments).  In any case I'm fairly
confident that source distributions not including any oskit code are
safe.