[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bootp problems using netboot kernel

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Pete Hollobon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use the netboot kernel, but I'm having a problem with bootpd on my server.  Bootpd runs fine, I've use the bootptest program to test it on the server machine and it appears to be working OK and sending out all the requisite information.  How
> ever, when I try to use the netboot kernel, it complains about not being given enough information.  I bunged a few lines of code in netboot to show what information it was getting, and it's just the IP address.

I had exactly the same problem and got rather strange behavior while
fiddling about with the bootptab file. In case it is of any help, Ive
attached the bootptab file that I use (which works).

hope this helps

peter rickwood

--------------------
bootptab
--------------------

#
# 'conrad' is the name of the machine which is to run the netboot meta
# kernel. The oskit kernel image which conrad boots is in
# /clientRootDirs/oskitboot/bootImage
#

.default:\
        :sm=255.255.255.0:\
        :vm=rfc1048:\
        :hd=/clientRootDirs:bf=oskitboot/bootImage:\
        :ds=10.0.0.1:\
        :ns=10.0.0.1:\
        :nt=10.0.0.1:\
        :gw=10.0.0.1:

conrad:tc=.default:ht=ethernet:ha=0040054e30b5:ip=10.0.0.2:hn: