[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

failure isolated

Hi,

we have finally isolated the problem with our DEC 21140 card!
Surprisingly, it seems to be unrelated with the driver, at least not directly.
Bootp process hangs up in bootp_try at the following two instructions (both involving floating point operations):

bootp_timeout *= (float)BOOTP_TIMER_FREQ/1000;

and:

bp.bp_secs = htons((bootp_currticks() - starttime) / (float)BOOTP_TIMER_FREQ);

I have replaced both expressions with constant values, and now pingreplay works well...

I have also tried to execute a floating point operation in the "hello" kernel, and it works correctly.

Any ideas?

Giuseppe