[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

porting Ocaml on OSKit

Hi:

    I succeeded in making OCaml tools by linking OSKit libraries.
Ocamlc is a compiler used to compile *.ml & *.mli files.  How do I use
it to compile the *.mli files on OSKit.

I got a seg fault when I used the ocamlc and ocamlrun as follows:

cd stdlib; make COMPILER=../boot/ocamlc all
make[1]: Entering directory `/users/zvishal/temp/ocaml-2.04/stdlib'
../boot/ocamlrun ../boot/ocamlc -g -nopervasives -c pervasives.mli
make[1]: *** [pervasives.cmi] Segmentation fault
make[1]: Leaving directory `/users/zvishal/temp/ocaml-2.04/stdlib'
make: *** [coldstart] Error 2

I guess its because I have made ocamlc and ocamlrun using OSKit libs and
am trying to run it on Linux. Do I need to make an kernel image of
ocamlc (using mkmbimage) and load it to run it from OSKit. How do I
then compile *.ml & *.mli files using it ?

Thanks

Vishal