[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Ping Reply example kernel

Hi

         I had a problem with the pingreply example kernels. Following
is
         the outcome of a normal ping when we do a tcpdump

         11:16:34.057939 george.ittc.ukans.edu > spacely.ittc.ukans.edu:

          icmp: echo request
          11:16:34.058490 spacely.ittc.ukans.edu >
george.ittc.ukans.edu:
          icmp: echo reply

           Following is when we ping a machine (elory) booted with the
ping
           example  kernel. There seems to be no echo reply to the ping
request here.

           11:15:11.540025 george.ittc.ukans.edu > elroy.ittc.ukans.edu:

             icmp: echo request

            I also introduced permanent entries in the arp table for the
two machines - elroy and george.

        Could  some one help us figure out the problem here

Thanks

Vishal