[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

patched oskit10 for gcc-2.95.2

I got oskit10 from CVS a few days ago and tried to compile it
with GCC 2.95.2.  There were errors about invalid asm clobbers; I
copied newer files from linux and svgalib where that seemed safe
and patched around the rest.

There was also the addressing mode problem with binutils
2.9.5.0.31, like OKUJI Yoshinori wrote.  I got around that by
patching the assembler to automatically add prefixes in all
modes, not only .code16gcc (which I didn't use because that seems
to have other effects too).

In some places, Make complained about not being able to find an
exceptionally-named source file.  I fixed these by inserting
$(OSKIT_SRCDIR)/<whatever>/ in the corresponding rules.  Perhaps
I should have used vpath.

I could compile everything except boot/dos which had trouble
first with library ordering and then with too large relocations.
Almost all example kernels work, except:
 - Some of them try to use a PS/2 mouse which I don't have.
 - Some need an "sd0" hard disk which I don't have.
 - I don't have SMP either.
 - memtest asks for some parameter and then crashes.
   I haven't examined this yet.

Let me know if you want the diffs.  I'm not including them here
because they're 22k and I haven't seen gcc-2.95.2 interest on
this list.