[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: sleep function

Dear sir.

Leigh Stoller wrote:

> > From: Andrew Lipnitsky <ert@cit.org.by>
> > Subject: sleep function
> > Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 16:26:08 +0300
> >
> > I have installed OSKit-20000505 on my Intel Pentium PC box
> > by the following way
>
> First off, you might want to update to the 20010214 snapshot if you get a
> chance.

Ok. I will do it after upgrading my computer. I am planning to install Athlon
processor. Does OSkit work with Athlon? Does somebody try one?

> >  oskit_clientos_init();
>
> Right after this you want to call:
>
>    start_clock();
>
> which is in the startup library. The sleep function won't work until you
> have a clock ticking away. You will need to link in the -loskit_dev library
> as well, just before the -loskit_kern.

I did all as you suggested but without luck. Now sleep function returns 0
but exit immediately  and does not wait at all.

> > By the way, where can I find documentation about liboskit_startup.a
> > library?
>
> Sorry, the startup library was never documented. The example kernels all
> have a distinct initial section, typically right after the call to
> oskit_clientos_init(). Check those kernels out to see how the startup
> library gets used. The source code for the library is in the "startup"
> directory. Its a small library and the functions are mostly self
> explanatory.

Thank you.

> Good Luck!
>
> Lbs

> Leigh B. Stoller
> University of Utah - Flux Research Group
> http://www.cs.utah.edu/~stoller

Best regards,
Andrew Lipnitsky.

Follow-Ups: References: