[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: about the filesystem

> i had attempted to use "hda7","/dev/hda7","g"
> (my ex2 partition) and so on,but failed

As Leigh said, that style is for BSD disks.

Here is the beginning of linux_fs_com.c; I assume you use names like
the following.  Use your Linux boot msgs to infer the right strings.

	#if 0
	#define DISK_NAME       "wd1"           /* pencil */
	#define PARTITION_NAME  "e"
	#else
	#define DISK_NAME       "sd0"           /* shaky */
	#define PARTITION_NAME  "g"
	#endif

> must i install freebsd on my computer
> so that i can run the example kernel?

No.

p.s. If you don't have some experience with tweaking Linux or BSD or
some other low-level system, the OSKit is probably not for you.  The
OSKit makes building OS's hugely easier, but it's still *hard*, in an
absolute sense.