[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: linux and mklinuximage

I have the oskit dated 2nd feb, 2001. I compiled the whole source code and
then used 'mklinuximage' for 'hello' example kernel and installed that
using lilo and it worked fine.

cheers,
Daljeet.

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          Vaughan      |
|        |          Knight       |
|        |          <vsk01@uow.ed|
|        |          u.au>        |
|        |                       |
|        |          05/21/01     |
|        |          12:22 PM     |
|        |          Please       |
|        |          respond to   |
|        |          Vaughan      |
|        |          Knight       |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     oskit-users@fast.cs.utah.edu             |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Daljeet Maini/India/IBM)           |
  |       Subject:     linux and mklinuximage              |
  >--------------------------------------------------------|

I am currently wondering how I can execute my kernels under Linux.

From what I gather, I am currently trying to use mklinuximage so i can
test my
kernels under linux, but, mklinuximage does not exist.  I've read lots
of stuff
online, but most of it seems outdated from old snapshots of oskit.

I have compiled and 'make installed'd oskit, but to no avail.  I find a
file
called mklinuximage.in, but this does not appear to work, complaining
about an
invalid arguement @CC@

Upon reading through the script file I find other arguements that also
may cause problems.

This must be very simple, but it is driving me insane.  If it requires
editting the file, I would gladly appreciate as much information as
possible.

In fact, any help at all greatly appreciated

Regards,

Vaughan Knight