[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

linux and mklinuximage take 2

From reading the configure scripts, I have found that my system does
support '-oformat binary' but the problem appears to arise over the fact
that in the configure script, 'flux_cv_HAVE_CODE16=no'.  To create the
mklinuximage script flux_cv_HAVE_CODE16 must equal yes.

I don't have any idea what this means or how it can be fixed.

Again, any help appreciated.

Regards,

Vaughan Knight

> Vaughan Knight wrote:
>
> > From what I gather, I am currently trying to use mklinuximage so i
> > can test my kernels under linux, but, mklinuximage does not exist.
>
> mklinuximage is only "built" (converted from .in to a shell script) if
> you have a linker which supports the appropriate arguments ... I
> forget what they are, but the magic that checks this is in the
> configure script..
>
> Looking in configure.in, it says its testing for '-oformat binary'.
>
> I can't offer any real help on getting a linker that supports '-oformat
> binary' other than to point you at a recent GNU binutils(?).
>
> -Pat

> Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann@cs.utah.edu
>           This signature witticism intentionally left blank.

Follow-Ups: References: